This is our Welsh Bucket List. A list of 30 places we’d like to visit or activities we’d like to do in Wales over the next few years. Since taking this list from the Wales Online Website earlier this year I have added a further 9 places right on our door step that we would either love to do again or experience for the first time.
You can read more here.
We have completed 17.5 of out of 30 (58%) goals so far.
- Cross the historic Barmouth toll bridge – Completed 29 March 2014
- Stand on the battlements of Caernerfon Castle – completed 11 August 2015
- Kick the bar at Aberystwyth promenade – completed August 2014
- Visit St Fagans.
- Visit Tintern Abbey.
- Visit Beaumaris Gaol.
- Visit St David’s Cathedral.
- Drive Wales’ highest road at Bwlch Y Groes, Dollgellau. – Completed 29 March 2014
- Go dolphin spotting in Cardigan Bay.
- Sample one of Wales’ artisan cheeses – Completed 21 April 2014
- Have a foodie weekend in Monmouthshire.
- Have a Cadwaladers ice cream in Criccieth. Completed 29 May 2015
- Discover Wales’ Industrial past at the Big Pit.
- Watch the birds at Anglesey’s stunning South Stack Lighthouse – Completed 29 November 2014
- Feed the Red Kites at Nant Yr Arian, Ceredigion.
- Take the tram up the Great Orme, Llandudno – Completed 28 August 2015
- Eat Honey Ice Cream on the quay in Aberaeron.
- Go green at the Centre for Alternative Technology.
- Visit Harlech Castle – Completed June 2013
- Have your photo taken next to this sign – completed 29 November 2014.
- Visit Powis Castle
- Go on the Fairbourne Railway
- Go on the Talyllyn Railway – Completed Easter 2014.
- Visit Dolgoch Falls – Completed Easter 2014.
- Kayaking on a Welsh River – Completed 14 May 2014
- Go on the Cliff Railway at Aberystwyth – Completed August 2014